This course is for those of you who are working in Korea or want to work for a Korean company in the future. You will not only learn relevant vocabulary and expressions, but also about Korean work culture.
If you are struggling with writing emails in Korean, making phone calls or how to sound professional with your coworkers or clients, this course is for you. You will be matched with native tutors with extensive career experience in the biggest companies, institutions, universities, etc. in Korea. Imagine preparing for a job interview and getting help from a tutor who worked as an interviewer at your dream company!
(All prices already include 10% tax.)
• students with up to 2 years of learning Korean in informal or formal context
• students who can produce simple sentences on topics that are familiar or of personal interest
• students who can handle most situations likely to arise when traveling where Korean is spoken
• students with the desire to become fluent and to be able to work in Korea or for a Korean company
Click here to see the full syllabus
|How to Write Your Cover Letter and Resume|
|How to Prepare for Korean Interviews|
|Leisure Time and Club Activities|
|Eating with Coworkers and Team Dinners|
|Company Structure, Titles, and Relationships|
|Korean Work Culture|
|Working Online or via Phone Calls|
|Work Stress and Vacation|
|Salary and Investments|
|PR and Advertisements|
|Promotion, Dismissal and Letter of Resignation|
|Startups and Founding a Company|
I learned very important lessons about how to act when among bosses and managers at team dinners. I also learned about how to propose a toast if I was ever asked to do one at a team gathering. For example, I learned that sometimes when someone proposes a toast, they say a statement that reflects the team goals and then the team shouts "위하여!" together. I wouldn't have been able to learn these things anywhere else.
Overall, I definitely rate this course a 5-star! The audio and video quality were exceptional. I had a perfect 1-hour session without any lagging. The tutor was very engaging! After some formal introduction we went straight to the topic of our session, 창업. Since the tutor had an extensive experience in the business field, he could demonstrate a variety of concepts in a practical and interesting manner. Therefore, it was much easier to understand things. I also pretty much enjoyed the new business-related idioms he taught me. If I say these idioms to my Korean colleagues, they will surely be impressed! It was cool that he even went out of his way to give me some business advice upon learning about my interest in doing a startup. What else could you ask from an online tutor!
Expiration and Refund Policy:
The lessons provided by SAY are sold in a variety of groupings.
• 1 lesson - expiration 30 days after purchase
• 3 lessons - expiration 50 days after purchase
• 5 lessons - expiration 65 days after purchase
• 7 lessons - expiration 80 days after purchase
• 10 lessons - expiration 100 days after purchase
• 15 lessons - expiration 135 days after purchase
• 20 lessons - expiration 170 days after purchase
• 40 lessons - expiration 300 days after purchase
You may cancel your SAY account at any time and SAY will issue a refund according to the following terms.
1. All refunds are applicable to the portion of the Service that is completely unused. For lessons that have never been scheduled, you will get 100% of your money refunded if cancelled within 30 days of purchase and 50% refunded after that point.
2. For lessons that took place, no refunds will be issued.
3. For lessons that are expired, no refunds will be issued.
4. For lessons that are cancelled and/or rescheduled less than 24 hours before the scheduled class time, no refunds will be issued.
5. For lessons that have been provided for free, no refunds will be issued.
6. In case you purchased a package with a discount, lessons that took place will be calculated at regular price and be deducted from the total amount of refund.